It's that time of year again! The gardens are producing lots of yummy veggies and there almost too much of it to go around. This was a great recipe. I added about 3/4 of a cup of mini chocolate chips. If that wasn't enough to make it nice and fattening, I also added a crumb topping. (recipe to follow).
Blueberry Zucchini BreadIngredients
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups white sugar
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon (I used less...maybe a teaspoon)
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- optional chopped nuts and/or mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease 4 mini-loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar. Fold in the zucchini. Beat in the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Gently fold in the blueberries. Transfer to the prepared mini-loaf pans.
- Bake 50 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted in the center of a loaf comes out clean. Cool 20 minutes in pans, then turn out onto wire racks to cool completely.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, diced
- In a medium bowl, mix together the sugar and flour. Mix in butter with a fork or stand mixer just until the topping is crumbly. Top your pie before baking.