Search This Blog

Friday, May 21, 2010

Pizza Bites

IMG_0129-2
For this batch I did some with wheat dough too.
IMG_0132-2

These little things are amazing! I wish I had gotten this recipe long, long ago. I love that I can stuff them with just about anything and they taste wonderful! Tonight, I made a mixture similar to the one in my spinach enchiladas for one batch. The second batch I did with peperoni and jalapeno mozzarella cheese curds. YUM!

Pizza Bites

Ingredients:
1 batch pizza dough (I like Trader Joe's ready made dough)

For filling (any pizza toppings will work):
mozzarella cheese, cubed or shredded
Italian seasoning
Grated Parmesan cheese
Sliced pepperoni
Spinach & ricotta
Ham & pineapple

For topping:
Olive oil
Italian seasoning
Grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 400˚ F. Lightly grease a 9-inch pie plate or cake pan. Divide the pizza dough into 16-20 roughly equal sized pieces. Take one of the dough pieces, flatten and top with a 1" ball of filling. Pull the edges of the dough around the fillings and pinch closed. Place seam-side down in the baking dish. Repeat with the remaining dough pieces.

Lightly brush the tops of the dough balls with olive oil (I just use my Misto sprayer). Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and grated Parmesan cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown. Serve warm, with dipping sauce as desired.

Source: adapted from Annie's Eats

1 comment:

  1. ooh, these sound so good (and easy!), I think I'll have to make them soon

    ReplyDelete